Thursday, February 25, 2010

Making a Graceful Swan

Vážka na skále 2 [Dragonfly on a rock]Image by fesoj via Flickr

So, I was looking through pictures on Google of dragonflies. One thing stuck in my mind: They're not too pretty close up. I decided to scratch the insect idea.

After typing in 'flying creature' in the image search, I saw something that made me think, "Duh!"

I have decided to make a swan out of recycled plastic. Obviously, since my last name is Swann, I laughed a bit at the irony. Or lack of.

Today was our first day working on the project, and my professor had many plastic bottles for our use. I picked out a lot of white bottles, using a few clear ones I had brought with me. I'm going to use the water bottles for the neck and stuff them with plastic Wal-Mart bags.

One bottle was Snuggle Fabric Softener. Not thinking, I turned it over to cut the neck off and spilled Sweet Almond Essence on my jeans. Needless to say, I smelled pretty good for the rest of the class.

In my next class, I had to draw a classmate using various techniques. I say 2 out of 4 of my drawings were awesome. I'm starting to enjoy conte crayons. They helped bring out the skin tone, and made it look a lot better than the black and white version. She seemed to like the drawings, so I hope I didn't offend her.

Crossing my fingers for a three hour delay so I can sleep in again. Only having two out of five classes on Thursdays are great for my sleep patterns.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment