Monday, October 5, 2009

Freshman Shock

The first month of college has been a whirlwind of homework and projects due within a week of each other. It's nothing like high school, where you have weeks to do something. With a different schedule every day, it is difficult to keep up with what is due when. I feel so overwhelmed, I've been neglecting my blog!

I'm not sure where to start, so I'll just generalize my first month.

I met new friends in my residence hall, including my RA. She is really nice and helps everyone out if they get in trouble.

I went to an ice cream social and brought home a boyfriend... not that second... We waited a bit before going out. His name is Henry.

I've been spending a lot more time with friends and going out, something I missed out on during high school because I was a hermit!

two pencils grade hbImage via Wikipedia



My art classes are really hands-on, and I mean down and dirty. I usually go back to my dorm with black, grimy hands from paint/charcoal/graphite/etc. It's something I must get used to, but my fingernails are also suffering. I've discovered a love for charcoal drawings over the plain graphite pencils. Much darker...

The 'freshman 15' is coming after me! In the mere 5 weeks I've been at school, I've gained 5 pounds! It's like a pound a week... To remedy this, I've been going to the gym (ASRC) more often. When I have time, that is. The food is just too good! They have cheese fries every day, and a variety of ice cream flavors. They taunt me so...

So far, academically, I've been doing alright. I got a B- (hell yea!) on my first essay exam in history! It's a difficult class to follow since it's sit, listen, and take rapid notes. I like the time period though, so it's all good.

Finally, I got my driver's license. It took long enough, huh?

October should be more interesting with Homecoming and Halloween. We shall see!

No sleep. No free time. It's college! 8D

Click Here!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment